Ethos and Values
Safety, Kindness, Respect
Welcome to Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership
The Midsomer Norton Schools' Partnership was founded in 2009 following the hard federation between Norton Hill and Somervale Secondary Schools. Since this point the Trust has grown to include other secondary schools and a large number of primary schools, which are all located in the Southwest of England: Bath and North East Somerset, Somerset and North Somerset. The full list of schools that are members of the Trust are shown above.
Midsomer Norton Schools' Partnership provides support and challenge to all of our schools so that our entire community of children and young people can achieve their best. The unique character of each school is celebrated and nurtured to ensure choice and variety in educational provision. The Trust is committed to providing a broad, balanced and aspirational curriculum in all of its schools, so that all children and young people develop the character and qualifications needed to open doors to their future success. A strong focus on developing and providing inspirational teaching and leadership in all schools, through school-to-school improvement, ensures outstanding progress and educational enjoyment for all members of our partnership’s community.
Our Trustees believe that through effective and true collaboration, excellence can be achieved in all of our schools. The Trust does not seek to make all schools the same, but through sensible standardisation of practices and outstanding support and challenge, they aim to ensure all schools within the Trust are ‘good’ or better.
Alun Williams, CEO
As an Academy we:
- Ensure that all young people have access to good or outstanding teaching
- Provide a differentiated curriculum in order to meet the needs of the learners at Notton House
- Check on the progress of the young people and identify, plan for and deliver any additional support the young people may need
- Provide personalised learning, which may include using additional providers, personalised timetables and use of specialist advice
- Work closely with multi-agencies in order to be able to support the young people